Netlist shares jumped by 55 cents, or 20.8%, to $3.20 after the memory subsystems maker said its first-quarter loss narrowed to 14 cents a share from a year-ago loss of 19 cents a share. A single analyst covering Netlist had forecasted a loss of 18 cents a share.
Netlist said revenue in the quarter surged 265% from a year ago to $7.9 million, well ahead of the lone analyst target of $5.10 million. Netlist's volume topped 2.53 million shares, compared to the 50-day average daily volume of 867,000, according to the Nasdaq.
Elsewhere, AEterna Zentaris (AEZS) jumped by 37 cents, or 16.2%, to $2.65 after the Food and Drug Administration approved the Investigational New Drug (IND) application for its doxorubicin targeted conjugate compound, AEZS-108, in bladder cancer.
Cancer: 13 Stocks with New Data
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV