Gold for June delivery was popping $19.70 to $1,240 an ounce at the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange. The gold price today has traded as high as $1,249.20 and as low as $1,227.20. The U.S. dollar index was rising 0.44% to $84.84 while the euro reversed earlier gains and was falling 0.38% to $1.26 against the dollar. The spot gold price Wednesday was adding $8, according to Kitco's gold index.
Gold prices finally broke their record high gold price of $1,227 on Tuesday and momentum buyers today have boosted prices to another new all time high of $1,249 an ounce.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV