Citing Verizon Wireless CEO Lowell McAdam, the Journal says that the telco is working with Google on a tablet offering, which, if true, is a clear dig at rival AT&T (T).
Apple has already sold more than a million iPads in the U.S., and the tablet has become one of the most talked about technologies of recent times. Although aimed primarily at consumers, the iPad is already creeping into corporate America and has been touted as a useful technology for sectors such as healthcare.Other companies are also ramping up their tablet efforts. Hewlett-Packard's (HPQ) recent acquisition of Palm (PALM) is expected to drive its future tablet strategy . Verizon shares climbed 5 cents, or 0.18%, to $28.45 in extended trading on Tuesday, while Google's stock dipped 79 cents, or 0.15%, to $508.27. Neither Verizon nor Google has yet responded to TheStreet's request for comment on this story. -- Reported by James Rogers in New York Follow James Rogers on Twitter and become a fan of TheStreet.com on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV