Jim Cramer's 'Stop Trading!': Gordon Brown
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shortly before Jim Cramer's Tuesday Stop Trading! segment on CNBC, British Prime Minister Gordon Brown announced outside 10 Downing Street that he was tendering his resignation to the Queen and recommended that conservative leader David Cameron take over the prime minister-ship.
This change isn't, however, a game-changer for Cramer -- at least not for now.
Cramer, during Stop Trading!, said he still wants to steer clear of buying anything in Europe or the UK in case shorts want to take those stocks down; Cramer said he doesn't want to invest in places where there's political indecision.
Still, Cramer said he's beginning to see some good growth opportunities in U.S. stocks, as the "disaster scenario" of Europe starts to come off the table -- with the IMF looking like it's going to make some "real changes" in the debt-burdened European countries -- and as China appears able to control its inflation issues.On the topic on inflation, Cramer said "I don't want deflation" either, as he declared deflation to be the enemy of profits. -- Reported by Andrea Tse in New York
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV