Though AIG has made great strides toward restructuring its operations and starting to repay bailout funds, the insurance giant still embodies taxpayer scorn. AIG management ought to prepare for hostile questions and insult-hurling, if
Nonetheless, AIG has a prepared agenda for the event. Among the issues shareholders will vote upon are board composition and compensation at both the executive and employee levels. TheStreet.com will be covering the event live from AIG headquarters in Lower Manhattan, starting at 10 a.m. EDT.
Recent additions up for election are CEO Robert Benmosche, who is also president of the board, as well as Harvey Golub, Laurette Koellner, Christopher Lynch, Arthur Martinez, Robert Miller, Doug Steenland, and Henry Miller, all of whom joined the board or were nominated within the last year. Morris Offit, Suzanne Nora Johnson, and George Miles are also up for re-election, having joined AIG in 2008 or earlier. In addition, the government helped selected Donald Layton and Ronald Rittenmeyer as special director nominees. Taxpayers still hold an 80% stake in the firm through a $70 billion preferred stock investment.Shareholders will also vote on a resolution that would give them a say on executive pay -- albeit nonbinding -- as well as AIG's 2010 stock incentive plan for employees.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV