Toyota, plagued by recalls for much of the fiscal year, said net income for fiscal 2010 was 209.4 billion yen ($2.26 billion), a reversal from a year-earlier loss of 437 billion. Sales were 18.95 trillion yen, a decline of 7.7%.
Toyota said Tuesday that vehicle sales for the fiscal year fell by 330,000 units to 7.24 million units. In North America, vehicle sales totaled 2.1 million units, a decrease of 114,000 units.
Toyota estimates that vehicle sales for the next fiscal year will be 7.29 million units, an increase of 53,000 from fiscal 2010 because of increased sales volumes in regions outside of Japan.Toyota said it expects profit to increase 48% to 310 billion yen for the year ending in March 2011 on net revenue of 19.2 trillion yen. -- Reported by Joseph Woelfel in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV