DURECT Corporation Q1 2010 Earnings Call Transcript
For REMOXY, we continue to support King's progress towards resubmission of the NDA in the fourth quarter this year. ELADUR started a large Phase II study in chronic lower back pain, and we continued activity in the licensing front with multiple programs.
Let us now go through our major programs in a little more detail.
Starting with REMOXY. REMOXY is a 12-hour extended release and tamper-resistant form of oxycodone. Our ORADUR technology is resistant to snorting, smoking, injecting, high-heat exposure, and dissolving in drinks. Regulatory history on this product shows us that the NDA was submitted in June of 2008 and it was granted priority review. However, a Complete Response letter was received in December of 2008. King then assumed control of the NDA from Pain Therapeutics in March last year and King met with the FDA in July of 2009, and they stated after that meeting that they had established a path to address the FDA's comments. King expects to resubmit the NDA in the fourth quarter of this year, with an expected PDUFA date six months after re-submission.
If you look at the potential financial impact of REMOXY to DURECT, it is significant. The oxycodone sales in 2009 were $3.2 billion, and DURECT will receive a royalty on King sales that start at 6% and go to 11.5%, with the 11.5% being close to about $1 billion. So, we take and make some assumptions – we assume that the REMOXY annual sales are somewhat in the range of $500 million to $900 million. That would represent about 16% to 28% market penetration. DURECT would yield royalties that would range between $36 million and $72 million. That will make a big difference to a company that has an average burn rate over the last five years of $14 million.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV