Clean Edge Stock Indices Post Huge Losses
QGRD -- down 9.08% from the previous week -- is composed of companies that are primarily involved in the electric grid; electric meters, devices, and networks; energy storage and management; and enabling software used by the smart grid and electric infrastructure sector. Last week, two of the 21 pure play QGRD components saw gains while the remaining 19 lost ground.
QGRD's best pure play performer was renewable energy inverter maker SMA Solar Technology (S92), gaining 4.86%. Rounding out the top five pure play performers were wire and cable provider General Cable (BGC), up 1.89%; Comverge (COMV), down 2.20%; electric utility contractor Quanta Services (PWR), 2.29% lower; and communication equipment provider RuggedCom (RCM), losing 2.91%.
QGRD's worst performers included energy management service provider PowerSecure International (POWR), losing 21.94%; transformer manufacturer Jinpan International (JST), down 14.87%; American Superconductor (AMSC), retreating 14.15%; renewable energy project integrator SATC, down 13.88%; and network infrastructure product maker Echelon Corporation (ELON), lower by 12.79%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV