NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- On his Monday Stop Trading! segment on CNBC, Jim Cramer said Exxon's (XOM) CEO Rex Tillerson is doing "a lot right" behind the scenes, as the company acquires natural-gas producer XTO Energy (XTO).
"He realizes the shales are bigger than anyone realizes," Cramer said. "I think the XTO move is a move of brilliance."
Still, Cramer laments that Exxon has always been "so biased" against stock buybacks, especially because it has done nothing for the stock.
Chevron Can't Touch Exxon's Gas Growth
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV