Oracle said in a prospectus filed late Friday that the company or selling security holders may offer common stock, preferred stock, debt securities, warrants, purchase contracts or units from time to time in different amounts, at prices and on terms determined at the time of an offering.
Oracle said that net proceeds from any sale under the registration statement will be used for general corporate purposes, which may include stock repurchases, repayment of indebtedness and future acquisitions.
Oracle shares followed the broader U.S indices higher Monday, rising 3.7% to $24.27.Elsewhere, Crosstex Energy (XTEX) said in a shelf registration that it may sell up to $500 million of mixed securities in one or more offerings. The company also said selling unitholders may sell up to 4.06 million common units. Shares were rising 6.6% to $10.13. Summit Financial Group (SMMF) said in a regulatory filing it may sell up to $10 million in one or more mixed securities offerings from time to time. Summit Financial shares were up 5.9% to $4.33. Atlantic Tele-Network (ATNI) said it may offer up to $500 million of common stock, preferred stock, depositary shares, debt securities, warrants or rights to purchase any of such securities, and/or units consisting of two or more of such securities. Atlantic Tele-Network also said that selling stockholders may sell from time to time up to 300,000 shares of common stock, although the company will not receive any proceeds from any sale. Shares were rising 0.7% to $46.46. Lastly, ChinaCast Education (CAST) said that selling shareholders may sell up to 6.03 million shares of common stock, although the company will not received any proceeds from any sale. ChinaCast shares were tacking on 0.8% to $6.49. -- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston. Follow Robert Holmes on Twitter and become a fan of TheStreet.com on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV