What you don't get: The aspirin you'll need to keep all this Web-business-app nonsense straight.
Clearly, Google has made it easy for third parties to interop with its software and your business. But the fact is, it is almost too easy. Yes, tools like Manymoon are cool. But the complexity this stuff introduces is mind boggling: Manymoon faces direct competition from other sophisticated project-management products with names like Smartsheet, Teambox, Insightly, Comindwork, Jira, Glasscubes, Zoho Projects, TrackMyHours and EmForge. And that's just project management! There are 80-odd more apps aimed at how to do your books, how to file your taxes, how to hire and fire. You get the idea.
Even the smallest of firms will be facing an overwhelmingly -- and I mean overwhelmingly -- complex trial-and-error process of testing, deploying and migrating to these tools.
Bottom line: For sure, the Google App Marketplace is the real small-business deal: It's a miraculous rainforest of exotic Web-based business tools that even six months ago were beyond the reach of most small firms. Be sure to give the place the once-over.Just don't fall in love with the wild animals. As lovely as they seem, none are as tame as they appear. If you're not careful, they could eat you -- and your firm -- alive.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV