NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Welcome to the battle of the Web small-business software superstore.
Early in March, Google (GOOG), almost too quietly, rolled out its new Google Apps Marketplace: an online big-box software Web site similar to Apple's (AAPL) Apps Store, or Microsoft's (MSFT) Marketplace but focused almost entirely on smaller-business process tools.
You know the drill with app markets: Third parties vie to sell software built to work very easily with Google's core Web-based document, spreadsheet, email, presentation and other office tools. And developer response has been brisk. Google says over 90 apps have been posted in just over two months that do everything from accounting to customer-relationship management to calendaring.
More on Apple
|Five Products Apple Should Make
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV