Enzon Reports 1st Quarter 2010 Results
Enzon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ENZN) today announced its financial results for the first quarter of 2010. During the quarter, the Company completed the sale of its specialty pharmaceutical business. This transaction has now transformed the Company, both financially and operationally, into a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery and development of oncology medicines.
For the first quarter of 2010, Enzon reported income from continuing operations of $20.8 million or $0.29 per diluted share, as compared to a loss of $11.4 million or $0.25 per diluted share for the first quarter of 2009. Included in the results of continuing operations for the first quarter of 2010, is revenue of $40.9 million from the sale of in-process research and development associated with next-generation Adagen® and Oncaspar® programs, which were sold as part of the specialty pharmaceutical business.
The remaining gain from the sale of the specialty pharmaceutical business, as well as the January results of operations from the business sold, are reported in discontinued operations. For the three months ended March 31, 2010, Enzon reported income and gain from discontinued operations of $179.1 million or $2.41 per diluted share. Enzon previously reported income of $17.6 million or $0.39 per diluted share from the specialty pharmaceutical business in the first quarter of 2009, which has been reclassified for comparative purposes to discontinued operations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV