Today at EMC World 2010 in Boston, Massachusetts, Selectica (NASDAQ:SLTC), a leading provider of contract lifecycle management and sales configuration solutions, announced the release of Selectica Contract Kiosk, an easy to use, self-service contract portal that allows all employees in a company to request contracts and securely access contract-related information. The new portal streamlines contracting processes to enable legal teams to boost productivity, improve service levels, and focus their resources on higher value activities.
Contracts define the terms of most business relationships. As a result, virtually every decision maker in a company needs access to contractual information to do their jobs effectively—whether they’re in sales, procurement, finance, HR, or IT. However, for most legal teams, providing this type of information represents a substantial part of their workload and prevents them from devoting time to more strategic efforts.
Unlike most contract management solutions available today, which require extensive training and are designed for users who spend a substantial portion of their day using these solutions, Selectica Contract Kiosk takes a different approach by providing a simple, configurable portal to automate processes such as:
- Gathering information from employees through a step-by-step process to request a new contract
- Triggering the creation of contracts that conform to company policies based on pre-approved contract templates
- Routing complex contract requests to the appropriate people
- Showing the status of contract requests
- Providing access to existing contracts and other contract-related information from across the company
Selectica Contract Kiosk is a module of the Selectica Contract Lifecycle Management Solution—a comprehensive solution that automates the entire contract management lifecycle, from contract request, authoring, negotiation, and approval, through contract execution, on-going obligations management, amendment, and
Selectica Contract Kiosk is built on EMC
xCP (xCelerated Composition Platform) and can leverage additional EMC technologies. Together, these technologies provide a powerful combination of capabilities that standalone solutions can’t match, including the ability to:
- Quickly create business processes that include bi-directional integration with CRM and ERP solutions via SOA (Service-Oriented Architecture) to pull information such as customer, vendor, and item information
- Conduct “federated” searches to gain wider visibility into all contract-related documents inside the contract management solution, as well as in content management repositories, email archives, network file shares, and the Web, while limiting access based on permissions
- Gain advanced security features such as encrypted file stores and digital shredding
- Take advantage of advanced information rights management capabilities that provide protection, control, and audit trails for documents provided through the portal
“Legal departments at many Global 2000 companies are being asked to take on more responsibilities without corresponding increases in resources,” said Allen Pogorzelski, Vice President of Marketing at Selectica. “Selectica Contract Kiosk can close this resource gap and enable legal teams to allocate more time to the most strategic issues facing companies today.”