The Chicago-based firm issued its statement in response to this report from TheStreet that cites a source familiar with the situation as saying the unusual action in P&G stock may have originated from Terra Nova.
Terra Nova said it "thoroughly reviewed" its records in response to the report and found that on May 6 it "cleared a nominal amount of shares (approximately 220,000) for the day's activity in PG shares and that those shares traded at or above $60 per share, and there was no unusual order or clearing activity."
"Based on this investigation, Terra Nova is not aware of any link between Terra Nova and the unusual trading activity and wide market price changes in the PG stock," the company said.Terra Nova declined to comment further for this article about whether it had been contacted by any regulatory authorities or exchanges about the trading action in P&G stock on May 6. Calls and email inquiries to officials and press contacts at the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, NYSE Euronext (NYX) and Nasdaq OMX Group (NDAQ) have yet to be returned as of this article's publication. In its statement, Terra Nova said it "denies" and "strongly refuted" the report from TheStreet. -- Written by Michael Baron in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV