U.S. Physical Therapy, Inc. Q1 2010 Earnings Call Transcript
Excluding the gain and acquisition costs, the company's adjusted earnings from operations was $0.25, which is rather exceptional considering that this was achieved despite unusually severe weather in January and February that adversely impacted our earnings by about a nickel.
Net revenue increased 4.6% in Q1 to $50.4 million due to an increase in our average net rate per visit of $3.28 and an increase in patient visits of 1.2%. Our gross margin increased slightly to 24.7%. Our corporate office costs were $5.8 million or 11.5% of revenues. However, included in those costs are the legal fees and other acquisition costs.
Our operating income increased to $6.7 million. Our other income in the first quarter includes the gain from the joint venture sale. Net income was $3.2 million and EPS $0.27. Same-store revenues for de novo and acquired clinics opened for a year or more increased 1.7%. That figure would have been better both in terms of dollars and volume had we not had the weather impact.
Receivables collections in the first quarter we excellent. Despite the financing for the acquisition, we ended the first quarter with less than $1 million in debt net of our cash position.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV