NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- On his Friday Stop Trading! segment on CNBC, Jim Cramer said he believes the stock market blood bath on Thursday was purely the result of a technical trading error -- but he's aware that not everyone feels the same way.
"Many believe that the market deserved to be down," Cramer noted, given all the uncertainty over Greece and Euro zone debt. Thus, Cramer still maintains, as he did Thursday, that current market conditions aren't ideal for playing the stock market right now, at least for the retail investor.
"There's no real conviction to the longs here. I want to wait until there's more conviction," he commented. He suggests looking at tech stocks like Apple (AAPL) as the market begins to recover.
"The iPad 3G sold out in one week," he marveled.On Thursday, P&G (PG), whose recent dividend boost and "great" conference call continue to be lauded by Cramer, was one of the biggest declines on the Dow, decelerating at a shockingly fast pace; at one point, to about $39. Cramer thought that it would have been an "unbelievable opportunity" to jump in and buy up P&G shares then. Still, the stock's current price of about $60 is also inexpensive, Cramer said. -- Reported by Andrea Tse in New York
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV