Borders Gains on E-Reader Launch
Borders will also launch an e-book store and software in June. The Kebo e-reader is cheaper than other similar devices like Amazon's (AMZN) Kindle and Barnes & Noble's (BKS) Nook, retailing at $149.99. The other two e-readers both sell for $259.
Borders will begin selling the device in stores in August. Pre-ordered Kebos are expected to arrive on June 17.
Shares of Borders are gaining 7.3% to $2.22 in afternoon trading.-- Reported by Jeanine Poggi in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Battle of the Bookstores
|Billionaire Burkle Sues Barnes & Noble
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV