Market Vectors Russia ETF (RSX) -3.8%The Russian markets are struggling today as oil prices cap off a tough week of losses.
RSX's performance is tied tightly to the global energy markets with oil and gas companies making up nearly 50% of the fund's total portfolio. The drop also comes even though CurrencyShares Russian Ruble Trust (XRU) is up almost 0.8% today.
iShares Russell Micro Cap Index Fund (IWC) -2.0%Traditionally, the smaller the company, the more volatile its performance becomes. Today, this quality is evidenced by the losses from IWC, which is designed to track micro cap companies. Its losses are slightly ahead of other small-cap ETFs.
All prices as of 2:16 PM EST
At the time of publication, Dion Money Management owned RSX.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV