Tripp Levy PLLC Investigates Proposed Acquisition Of Stanley Inc.
Tripp Levy PLLC announces an investigation into the proposed acquisition of Stanley Inc. (NYSE: SXE). On April 7, 2010, CGI Group Inc. (NYSE: GIB) and Stanley announced that they have entered into a definitive merger agreement for CGI to acquire Stanley through a cash tender offer at $37.50 per share.
However, Stanley may not have adequately shopped itself around before entering into this transaction and, pursuant to this proposed transaction, CGI Group may be underpaying for Stanley, thus unlawfully harming Stanley shareholders. In addition, certain Stanley officers and directors have agreed to vote in favor of the offer, and the merger agreement also contains a break-up fee payable to CGI under certain circumstances and a provision under which Stanley has agreed not to solicit any competing offers.
The investigation concerns, among other things, whether the consideration to be paid to Stanley shareholders is grossly unfair, inadequate, and substantially below the fair or inherent value of Stanley. The investigation further concerns whether the directors of Stanley may have breached their fiduciary duties by not acting in Stanley shareholders' best interests in connection with the sale process of Stanley.
If you own Stanley common stock and you wish to discuss this matter with us, or have any questions concerning your rights and interests with regard to this matter, please contact:Tripp LevyTripp Levy PLLCNew York, New YorkToll Free: 877-772-3975Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV