Apple (AAPL) says the iPad will be available in nine countries later this month after supply shortages forced the company to delay its international push.
Apple says the iPad will be available in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the U.K. by May 28. Apple will also start taking preorders for the tablet device in those countries on Monday.
Apple has sold 1 million iPads in the first month, a strong debut for the first new Apple product since the introduction of the iPhone in 2007. Due to high demand and limited supply, Apple had to delay overseas iPad sales a month.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV