(Nasdaq story updated from Thursday, May 6, with trades affected)
Nasdaq will cancel trades of stocks that moved 60% above or below the last price at 2:40 p.m. and 3 p.m. EDT Thursday.
It put out a list Friday of what trades would be affected. They include: Accenture (ACN), Exelon (EXC) , CenturyTel (CTL), Oneok Partners (OKS), CenterPoint (CNP), Boardwalk Pipeline (BWP), Windstream (WIN), Interpublic (IPG), Hansen Natural (HANS), Linn Energy (LINE) and Genpact (G).
A trading error is being blamed for a wild swing in the stock market on Thursday, during which the Dow Jones Industrial Average at one point lost almost 1,000 points before closing down 348.Nasdaq OMX Group issued the following statement after the market close Thursday: "NASDAQ reported that we had no technology or system issues associated with the trading that occurred between 2:00 and 3:00 p.m. ET today. Our market close process ran successfully. We have coordinated a process among US Exchanges and therefore, pursuant to rule 11890(b), NASDAQ, on its own motion, will cancel all trades executed between 14:40:00 and 15:00:00 greater than or less than 60% away from the consolidated last print in that security at 14:40:00 or immediately prior. "This decision cannot be appealed. NASDAQ has coordinated this decision with all other UTP Exchanges. NASDAQ will be canceling trades on the participant's behalf."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV