The model upgraded oil-and-gas explorer Devon Energy to "buy."
Quarter: Devon swung to a first-quarter profit of $1.1 billion, or $2.39, from a loss of $4 billion, or $8.92, a year earlier. Revenue grew 59%. Margins turned positive. Devon holds $724 million of cash and $6.1 billion of debt, equal to a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.4.
Stock: Devon has risen 12% during the past 12 months, trailing benchmarks. It sells for a price-to-projected-earnings ratio of 11 and a price-to-cash-flow ratio of 5.8, 22% and 27% discounts to industry averages. It's also cheap based on book value.
Consensus: Of researchers following Devon, 16, or 59%, rate its stock "buy" and 11 rate it "hold." Benchmark Co. offers a price target of $106, leaving a potential 56% return. Goldman Sachs (GS) believes the stock will climb 34% to $91.Visit Stockpickr's Ratings Upgrades Portfolio and Ratings Downgrades Portfolio -- Reported by Jake Lynch in Boston.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV