Stocks Face Full Plate Friday After Wild Selloff
Cigna (CI) reported first-quarter earnings that rose 36% on improvements across its global health service businesses. Adjusted income from operations came in at $1.01 a share. Analysts had been expecting a profit of 90 cents a share.
Alcatel-Lucent (ALU) , the telecommunications-equipment maker, reported a wider first-quarter loss of 515 million euros ($658 million) compared with a year-earlier loss of 402 million euros as part shortages crimped sales.
Transocean (RIG), the owner of the now infamous oil rig that sank in the Gulf of Mexico and unleashed a torrent of crude into the ecosystem, reported earnings largely in-line with expectations late Wednesday. But an SEC filing released yesterday also said officials from both the Department of Homeland Security and the Interior Department have opened an investigation on the accident. Shares traded 4.2% lower today.Kraft Foods (KFT) traded 1.8% lower ahead of its first quarter earnings announcement due late today.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV