Cigna (CI) reported first-quarter earnings that rose 36% on improvements across its global health service businesses. Adjusted income from operations came in at $1.01 a share. Analysts had been expecting a profit of 90 cents a share.
Alcatel-Lucent (ALU) , the telecommunications-equipment maker, reported a wider first-quarter loss of 515 million euros ($658 million) compared with a year-earlier loss of 402 million euros as part shortages crimped sales.
(RIG), the owner of the now infamous oil rig that sank in the Gulf of Mexico and unleashed a torrent of crude into the ecosystem,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV