A day before the U.S. government is scheduled to release its April nonfarm payrolls report, investors began digesting the Labor Department's
For Friday's report, economists are projecting April job growth of 187,000 after March's increase of 162,000 jobs. But Delta Global's Pento said there's a strong chance the market will not see a lift from tomorrow's jobs news because of the European overhang.
The government also said productivity climbed up at a seasonally adjusted 3.6% annual clip in the first quarter, though consensus estimates were looking for a 2.4% increase. The rise is slightly off the revised 6.3% gain in the fourth quarter.Retail same-store sales data for April came in largely below predictions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV