Flamel Technologies Announces Expanded Partnership Relations; First Quarter Results
Flamel Technologies (Nasdaq: FLML) today announced its financial results for the first quarter of 2010. Highlights from the first quarter and the period since the Company’s last conference call included:
For the first quarter 2010, Flamel reported total revenues of $8.1 million versus $12.1 million in the year-ago period; first quarter revenues in the year-ago period included a $4 million milestone from GlaxoSmithKline (GSK). License and research revenues during the first quarter of 2010 were $3.4 million versus $7.1 million in the first quarter 2009. Excluding milestones, license and research revenue grew by 10% year-over-year. Product sales and services, pursuant to the Company’s supply contract with GSK, were $2.3 million versus $2.4 million in the year-ago quarter. Other revenues in the first quarter, consisting primarily of royalty revenues from GSK related to sales of Coreg CR, were $2.3 million as compared to $2.5 million in the year-ago quarter.
Operational expenses in the first quarter 2010 were $12.1 million versus $10.9 million in the year-ago quarter. Costs of goods and services sold in the quarter were $1.9 million, as compared to $2.1 million in the first quarter of 2009. Costs and expenses of Flamel's research and development were $7.3 million, compared to $5.9 million in the first quarter of 2009. SG&A expenses during the quarter remained constant at a level of $2.9 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV