Economic Recovery May Be Long and Painful
What is your outlook for bonds in 2010?
James: We like short-term fixed income for non-economic reasons, specifically preservation of capital. Our models do not forecast interest rates so any response I give would simply be a personal opinion. As I said before, I look beyond one-year time horizons and that view doesn't look favorable for the long bond. In comparison, I was 50% invested in very long-term, non-callable bonds during the '80s.
What are your favorite foreign country ETFs?
James: Currently, our biggest foreign holdings are in the iShares MSCI South Korea ETF (EWY), iShares MSCI Canada ETF (EWC) and the iShares MSCI Brazil ETF (EWZ). We especially like resource-rich South American countries.-- Reported by Gregg Greenberg in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV