(Ford poll piece updated with comments from trader/RealMoney contributor.)
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Since Ford (F) issued its latest earnings release last week and its April sales figures this week, industry experts and investors have been searching for a consensus on the direction of Ford stock.
Private trader and RealMoney contributor Alan Farley says "I love Ford, which is one of my three top 2010 picks but have been expecting this decline," referring to signs of what he thinks could be the "end of its yearlong vertical rally and the start of a corrective phase...."
Farley adds that he's looking forward to buying the stock for an investment account in the third or fourth quarter, down in single digits.
In April, Farley said Ford was setting up a two to three month decline.For his part, David Silver of Wall Street Strategies believes that Ford and the rest of the auto industry will continue to see strong year-on-year expansion, with some caution. "Sales were strong for the industry as a whole, and Ford is still our favorite, and appears to be the only company with any momentum right now," Silver said.
More on Ford
|Ford Stock: What Will It Do Next?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV