(Ford poll piece updated with comments from trader/RealMoney contributor.)
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Since Ford (F) issued its latest earnings release last week and its April sales figures this week, industry experts and investors have been searching for a consensus on the direction of Ford stock.
Private trader and RealMoney contributor Alan Farley says "I love Ford, which is one of my three top 2010 picks but have been expecting this decline," referring to signs of what he thinks could be the "end of its yearlong vertical rally and the start of a corrective phase...."
Farley adds that he's looking forward to buying the stock for an investment account in the third or fourth quarter, down in single digits.
In April, Farley said Ford was setting up a two to three month decline.For his part, David Silver of Wall Street Strategies believes that Ford and the rest of the auto industry will continue to see strong year-on-year expansion, with some caution. "Sales were strong for the industry as a whole, and Ford is still our favorite, and appears to be the only company with any momentum right now," Silver said.
More on Ford
|Ford Stock: What Will It Do Next?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV