NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- There was a broad sell-off across the major stock indices Tuesday, an event that was quite eye-popping for some; but Jim Cramer, on his Tuesday Stop Trading! segment on CNBC, said this is "not just a panic room situation."
"There are no knives going down" on drugs, food and dividend plays, according to Cramer, vocalizing names such as Pfizer (PFE), which just reported a good number; and General Mills (GIS), which is splitting its stock.
Cramer also made mention of utility stock Duke Energy (DUK), cautioning that he's not pro-Duke -- "I'm eventually worried about coal" -- but noting its strong quarter. He also said, "Entergy (ETR) -- okay now -- I know this is just beyond boring; but that's okay. Even though it's TV we can afford to be boring to make people money for a few minutes."As Nike (NKE) got ready for its investors meeting Wednesday, Cramer took the opportunity to air positive thoughts about its exposure to China's large shoe market. During the segment, Cramer also made a call out to D.R. Horton (DHI), who he believes has significant momentum, and urged investors to listen in on the company's conference call. -- Reported by Andrea Tse in New York
More Stock Ideas
|Top 10 Dow Dividend Stocks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV