A previous version of this story incorrectly included the ticker of California Bank of Commerce.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Despite the signs of economic improvement, the pace of bank failures is likely to accelerate as the shakeout continues among community lenders with capital shortfalls.
Based on preliminary first-quarter regulatory data supplied by SNL Financial for roughly 92% of the nation's 7,300 banks and savings and loan associations, 156 were "undercapitalized," according to the regulatory guidelines that apply to most institutions. Clink the link below to see the full list.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV