Bell Micro LPGA Classic Takes To The Greens At Renovated RTJ Crossings Course
MOBILE, Ala., May 4, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- May 10 marks the first day of the 2010 Bell Micro LPGA Classic, which tees off on the newly renovated Crossings Course at Magnolia Grove on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail and features a full field of players. The tournament is scheduled to be televised nationally and internationally, and runs through May 16.
After taking a year off in 2009 for the course redesign, the Bell Micro LPGA Classic returns to Mobile's Magnolia Grove and is set to showcase the most impressive field of players to visit Alabama to date. The top nine LPGA players in the world are scheduled to compete, with crowd favorite Michelle Wie making her first appearance in Mobile.
"Spring will be an ideal time to showcase the new Crossings course," said John Cannon, president of Sunbelt Golf, which oversees the RTJ Golf Trail. "The course will have several months to mature and we are looking forward to seeing how reigning champion Angela Stanford and the other LPGA players will perform on the Crossings Course. For players, sponsors and fans, the new date should be ideal. With spring weather, bountiful seafood and blooming azaleas, Mobile is spectacular in May and we look forward to bringing the Bell Micro LPGA Classic back to Magnolia Grove.""We are pleased that Bell Microproducts, a leading technology company globally with Alabama connections, has once again brought this prestigious tournament to one of the world-class courses on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail," noted Dr. David G. Bronner, CEO of the Retirement Systems of Alabama. "With the Bell Micro LPGA Classic and the Navistar LPGA Classic this fall in Prattville, it will be quite a sight to see the LPGA professionals taking on these challenging courses across our beautiful state."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV