Radian Group said late Monday it will offer up to $550 million of common stock, and that underwriters will have the option to purchase up to an additional 15%, or $82.5 million, to cover overallotments. Net proceeds from the offering may be used for additional capital support for its mortgage insurance business and repurchases of, or payments on, its outstanding debt securities, Radian said.
The stock offering announcement came as Radian Group reported a first-quarter loss of $3.77 a share, which grew from a year-ago loss of $2.69 a share. Mortgage insurance provision for losses rose 64%, the company said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV