Interactive Data To Be Bought for $3.4B
Interactive Data, in a press release Tuesday, said Pearson (PSO), which owns a 61% stake in the financial-market data provider, approved the transaction.
Pearson, publisher of the Financial Times , said earlier this year it was reviewing strategic alternatives for Interactive Data.
Under the agreement, Interactive Data's stockholders will receive $33.86 in cash for each share of Interactive Data common stock they own. This represents a premium of about 32.9% over the closing share price on Jan. 14, the last trading day before the company announced it was conducting a review of strategic alternatives, Interactive Data said.Interactive Data shares closed Monday at $32.99. The transaction is expected to be completed by the end of the third quarter. -- Reported by Joseph Woelfel in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV