Clean Edge Stock Indices Down
QWND's worst pure play performers were energy delivery technology developer American Superconductor (AMSC), declining 7.95 percent; Greece-based renewable energy developer Terna Energy (TENERGY), down 5.73 percent; Spain-based renewable energy developer Gamesa Tecnologica (GAM), losing 5.10 percent; wind turbine manufacturer Nordex (NDXI), declining 5.09 percent; and wind energy product and service provider Broadwind Energy (BWEN), lower by 5.02 percent.
QGRD, down 1.08 percent from the previous week, is composed of companies that are primarily involved in the electric grid; electric meters, devices, and networks; energy storage and management; and enabling software used by the smart grid and electric infrastructure sector. Last week, seven of the 21 pure play QGRD components saw gains while the remaining 14 lost ground.
QGRD's best pure play performer was Power-One), gaining 40.86 percent. Rounding out the top five pure play performers were smart meter manufacturer Itron (ITRI), up 2.96 percent; renewable energy inverter maker SMA Solar Technology (S92), , rising 1.69 percent; energy storage developer NGK Insulators (53330), 1.31 percent higher; and utility network provider ESCO Technologies (ESE), up 1.18 percent.
QGRD's worst performers included transformer manufacturer Jinpan International (JST), losing 19.67 percent; network infrastructure product maker Echelon (ELON), down 10.84 percent; American Superconductor, retreating 7.95 percent; demand management firm EnerNOC (ENOC), down 4.44 percent; and energy management service provder Comverge (COMV), lower by 4.38 percent.This information is not intended to be used as a guide to investing, and the authors make no guarantees that any investments based on the information contained herein will benefit you in specific applications, owing to the risk that is involved in investing of almost any kind.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV