NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Ford has reported a 25% increase in April sales, the fifth straight month Ford sales have increased more than 20%.
The company said that Ford, Lincoln and Mercury April sales rose 25% to 162,996 compared to the year before. The automaker added that Ford gained retail market share for the 18th time in the last 19 months.
Meanwhile, GM on said Monday that its April vehicle sales were up 6.4% year-over-year, with an increase in combined sales for its four brands in the U.S., following GM Chairman and CEO Ed Whitacre's announcement on April 21 that the company is years ahead of schedule repaying bailout loans received under the Troubled Asset Relief Program.
-- Reported by Andrea Tse in New York
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV