Quantum Polymers And Entegris, Inc. Partner To Offer New Line Of Carbon Nanotube-Enhanced Plastic Products
Quantum Polymers today announced the introduction of Quantano® extruded stock shape plastic products made with TEGO™ polymers, featuring carbon nanotube technology, manufactured by Entegris (Nasdaq: ENTG) of Billerica, Mass. The new Quantano product line using TEGO polymers can provide improved mechanical strength, homogenous controlled electrical conductivity for superior ESD (electro-static discharge) performance, higher operating temperature, superior dimensional stability and better aesthetics for manufacturers in multiple industries.
“TEGO polymers are manufactured using proprietary technology to enhance the dispersion of the carbon nanotubes in the polymer,” said Shawn Cheesman, General Manager for Entegris. “As a result, stock shapes have very consistent ESD, excellent dimensional stability and improved toughness that can be used in many new high-performance products for the semiconductor, data storage, aerospace, and medical industries. Working with Quantum Polymers allows us to offer TEGO polymers in a broader range of options than ever before and we are excited to have TEGO polymer stock shapes available to a wider range of potential customers.”
Carbon nanotubes confer tremendous benefits to stock shape plastic products as they do not adversely affect the base resin material, as is the case with carbon powder or carbon fiber. Furthermore, TEGO polymers can be processed on conventional thermoplastic equipment, such as injection molding, extrusion, and compression molding processes. At the “OEM” level, TEGO polymers, formed into Quantano stock shapes, can be used to replace metal parts and can be used in new and existing areas, such as: semiconductor material handling, chemical cleaning systems, sockets, gaskets, rings, bushings, bearings, seals and valves.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV