NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Atlantic Coast Federal (ACFC) was among several small cap regional bank stocks trading near $5 poised to move on above-average volume Monday after reporting quarterly earnings results.
Atlantic Coast Federal posted a second-quarter loss of 21 cents a share, which was wider than the average estimate for a 17-cent-a-share loss.
Atlantic Coast Federal shares closed Friday at $2.75. Shares of the Georgia bank are up more than 80% in 2010. The 50-day average daily volume for Atlantic Coast Federal is 11,400, according to the Nasdaq.
Elsewhere, Carolina Bank Holdings (CLBH) said late Friday that it broke even on a per-share basis in the first quarter, compared with a year-ago profit of 12 cents a share and the lone analyst target for earnings of 15 cents a share.Carolina Bank shares finished Friday at $4.50, and are up nearly 40% so far this year. The 50-day average daily volume for is 6,500. Community Shores Bank (CSHB) saw its first-quarter loss widen to 30 cents a share from a year-ago loss of 18 cents a share. Shares closed Friday at $1.46. The 50-day average daily volume for Community Shores Bank is 5,700. Carrollton Bancorp (CRRB) also reported quarterly results late Friday, saying its first-quarter loss shrank to 10 cents a share from a year-ago loss of 17 cents a share. Non-performing loans and real estate owned were up from the year-ago quarter, the bank said. Carrollton Bancorp shares closed Friday at $5.12. The 50-day average daily volume for is 1,400. -- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston. Check out all of Monday's high-volume, under-$5 stocks at the Dollar Store. View the Dollar Store portfolio on StockPickr. Follow Robert Holmes on Twitter and become a fan of TheStreet.com on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV