NEW YORK (
TheStreet) -- Stocks finished Monday's session with strong gains, and the
Dow Jones Industrial Average turned in a triple-digit bounce, as some upbeat economic figures, including
The Dow closed 143 points higher, or 1.3%, to 11,152. The S&P 500 gained 16 points, or 1.3%, to 1202 and the Nasdaq went ahead by 38 points, or 1.5%, to 2499.
On Sunday, Greece secured a 110 billion euro ($147 billion) rescue package from the European Union and the International Monetary Fund in exchange for agreeing to stark austerity measures.U.S. Isn't Going the Way of Europe (Forbes) With earnings season winding down, Art Hogan, chief market strategist at Jefferies, said investors were thinking more and more about improving economic data this week, with added certainty about Greece helping matters. He is also keeping a watchful eye on the Labor Department's latest April jobs report due at the end of the week. "As you look at what we were concerned about Friday, part of that was Greece, and the weekend brought some relief there," Hogan said. "The economic data is certainly supportive today, and they might be a sneak preview of the payroll data on Friday. Employment in the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV