Interactive Data to Be Acquired: Report
The leveraged buyout deal could be announced Monday, people familiar with the matter told the Wall Street Journal. Interactive Data is controlled by Pearson (PSO), the U.K. publisher.
An Interactive Data acquisition would be among the largest LBOs struck since credit markets collapsed in mid-2007, the Journal notes.
Two other private-equity teams, one including Kohlberg Kravis Roberts and CVC Capital Partners and the other made up of Bain Capital and Advent International, also bid for Interactive Data, the people said, the Journal reports.Neither Interactive Data or Pearson ould be reached for comment by the newspaper.. Pearson, publisher of the Financial Times , said earlier this year it was reviewing strategic alternatives for Interactive Data, of which it owns a 61% stake. Interactive Data closed Friday at $33.47. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV