The oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is getting so bad that BP (BP) is asking rival oil companies to help deal with the it, according to a published media report.
BP's requests to its rivals was reported Saturday on The Wall Street Journal's Web site. The requests indicate the company is running out of ideas on how to contain the spill as it approaches the Louisiana coast, the report said.
The spill came from a BP exploratory oil rig. BP is coming under increasing criticism for its management of the spill.
Earlier, a White House official said that President Obama would visit the Gulf Coast to personally assess the cleanup efforts.Shares of BP closed Friday at $52.15. > > Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV