NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Jim Cramer, on his Friday Stop Trading! segment on CNBC, declared that food and beverage stocks are back.
The food stock that Cramer recommended Friday was J.M. Smucker (SJM), which he said had a "really great quarter." Cramer said that J.M. Smucker is "really, really well run," and highlighted the company's big dividend boost.
Cramer also gave a nod to Walter Energy (WLT) on Friday.Goldman Sachs stock has been "going way down," Cramer noted, and proposed that this is because the company has gone "radio-silent," not by choice though: "When you are cooperating with the Justice Department, there's nothing you can do," except to keep your mouth shut. "The SEC wants the largest fine in history." On Thursday's Stop Trading!, Cramer said he felt Transocean (RIG), rather than BP, should be held responsible for the devastating Gulf of Mexico oil spill, but told his viewers on Friday that "I don't think BP can go after Transocean." Cramer says that only the authorities can. -- Reported by Andrea Tse in New York
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV