NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Jim Cramer, on his Friday Stop Trading! segment on CNBC, declared that food and beverage stocks are back.
The food stock that Cramer recommended Friday was J.M. Smucker (SJM), which he said had a "really great quarter." Cramer said that J.M. Smucker is "really, really well run," and highlighted the company's big dividend boost.
Cramer also gave a nod to Walter Energy (WLT) on Friday.Goldman Sachs stock has been "going way down," Cramer noted, and proposed that this is because the company has gone "radio-silent," not by choice though: "When you are cooperating with the Justice Department, there's nothing you can do," except to keep your mouth shut. "The SEC wants the largest fine in history." On Thursday's Stop Trading!, Cramer said he felt Transocean (RIG), rather than BP, should be held responsible for the devastating Gulf of Mexico oil spill, but told his viewers on Friday that "I don't think BP can go after Transocean." Cramer says that only the authorities can. -- Reported by Andrea Tse in New York
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV