NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "Every trade next week is at risk until we see Friday's unemployment number," Jim Cramer told the viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Friday.
Cramer said that while he expects the key household unemployment number to decline, causing a huge rally in the financials. If he's wrong, he says his picks next week could be muted.Cramer said his game plan for next week is once again to largely sit and listen to conference calls, allowing the companies reporting to confirm his theses. He said that on Monday, he'll be watching food distributor Sysco (SYY) to see if restaurants are still booming, and Vulcan Materials (VMC) for an update on whether stimulus dollars are finally hitting the ground. On Tuesday, Cramer said he'll be watching Steve Madden (SHOO), a company he expects to beat estimates. Cramer said he'll also be watching American Tower (AMT) and SBA Communications (SBAC) for a read on the mobile Internet as well as Merck (MRK) and Pfizer (PFE) to see if the drug stocks have indeed bottomed. For Wednesday, Cramer focuses on Transocean (RIG) and Devon Energy (DVN) for an update on energy, and also JDS Uniphase (JDSU) for yet another read on the mobile Internet. Finally, on Thursday, Cramer turns his attention to Scotts Miracle-Gro (SMG), which he recommended buying ahead of the quarter. He said he'll also be listening to Clean Energy Fuels (CLNE) and new favorite Copano Energy (CPNO) for a read on the future of natural gas.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV