FEMSA Closes Strategic Transaction With Heineken
MONTERREY, Mexico, April 30 -- Fomento Economico Mexicano, S.A.B. de C.V. ("FEMSA") (NYSE: FMX; BMV: FEMSAUBD) announced that the closing of the transaction pursuant to which FEMSA agreed to exchange 100% of its beer operations for a 20% economic interest in the Heineken Group occurred today.
Jose Antonio Fernandez, Chairman and CEO of FEMSA, said, "Today represents an important milestone for us. We are at the starting point of a new stage for FEMSA, one that fills us with optimism and enthusiasm. We stand ready and energized to continue driving along a path of long-term growth and value creation for Coca-Cola FEMSA and Oxxo, while we participate in Heineken's own promising future through our investment participation."
FEMSA is a leading consumer company in Latin America. It controls Coca-Cola FEMSA, the largest Coca-Cola bottler in the region, and Oxxo, the largest and fastest growing convenience store chain in Mexico with over 7,400 stores. FEMSA is also a significant investor in Heineken, a leading global brewer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV