FEMSA Closes Strategic Transaction With Heineken
MONTERREY, Mexico, April 30 -- Fomento Economico Mexicano, S.A.B. de C.V. ("FEMSA") (NYSE: FMX; BMV: FEMSAUBD) announced that the closing of the transaction pursuant to which FEMSA agreed to exchange 100% of its beer operations for a 20% economic interest in the Heineken Group occurred today.
Jose Antonio Fernandez, Chairman and CEO of FEMSA, said, "Today represents an important milestone for us. We are at the starting point of a new stage for FEMSA, one that fills us with optimism and enthusiasm. We stand ready and energized to continue driving along a path of long-term growth and value creation for Coca-Cola FEMSA and Oxxo, while we participate in Heineken's own promising future through our investment participation."
FEMSA is a leading consumer company in Latin America. It controls Coca-Cola FEMSA, the largest Coca-Cola bottler in the region, and Oxxo, the largest and fastest growing convenience store chain in Mexico with over 7,400 stores. FEMSA is also a significant investor in Heineken, a leading global brewer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV