A.M. Best Withdraws Ratings Of Lincoln General Insurance Company
A.M. Best Co. has affirmed the financial strength rating (FSR) of D (Poor) and issuer credit rating (ICR) of “c” of Lincoln General Insurance Company (Lincoln) (York, PA). The outlook for both ratings is negative. Concurrently, A.M. Best has withdrawn the ratings at the company’s request and assigned an NR-4 to the FSR and an “nr” to the ICR.
On April 1, 2010, the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania ruled that the disposition of Lincoln by Kingsway Financial Services Inc. (KFSI) (Mississauga, Ontario) [NYSE/TSX: KFS] in October 2009 was legal. Accordingly, A.M. Best no longer evaluates Lincoln as a member of KFSI.
Currently, A.M. Best is unaware of any appeal of the court decision by the State Insurance Department of Pennsylvania. However, if there is an appeal and should the original decision be overturned, A.M. Best would evaluate Lincoln as a member of KFSI.
For Best’s Credit Ratings, an overview of the rating process and rating methodologies, please visit www.ambest.com/ratings.The principal methodologies used in determining these ratings, including any additional methodologies and factors that may have been considered, can be found at www.ambest.com/ratings/methodology. Founded in 1899, A.M. Best Company is a global full-service credit rating organization dedicated to serving the financial and health care service industries, including insurance companies, banks, hospitals and health care system providers. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV