Power-One reported a first-quarter profit of 4 cents a share on revenue of $152 million, compared with the Thomson Reuters average estimate for a profit of a penny a share on $141 million in revenue.
Shares of the power conversion company were surging by $1.38, or 24%, to $7.14 in Friday's premarket session. The 50-day average daily volume for Power-One is 1.29 million, according to the Nasdaq.
Clarient (CLRT) shares jumped by 26 cents, or 9.5%, to $3 in the premarket session after the cancer diagnostics services company said it broke even on a per-share basis in the first quarter, compared to estimates Clarient would lose a penny a share. Revenue of $26.6 million was also better than forecasts.Looking ahead, Clarient's full-year revenue range of $108 million to $115 million was in line with analysts' view. The 50-day average daily volume for Clarient is 445,000. Elsewhere, Selectica (SLTC) was set to climb after the software solutions company swung to a fourth-quarter profit of 7 cents a share from a year-ago loss of 67 cents a share. Revenue was down 30% from a year ago to $3.8 million, the company said. Selectica shares rose by 40 cents, or 7.1%, to $6 in Thursday's after-market session. The 50-day average daily share volume for Selectica is 6,200. On the downside, Macatawa Bank (MCBC) was poised to fall sharply after the company posted a first-quarter loss of $1.19 a share, which the company said was driven by "elevated levels of loan loss provisions and costs to administer nonperforming assets." Macatawa Bank shares fell by 69 cents, or 26.6%, to $1.90 in Thursday's late trading session. The 50-day average daily volume for Macatawa Bank is 64,000. -- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston. Check out all of Friday's high-volume, under-$5 stocks at the Dollar Store. View the Dollar Store portfolio on StockPickr. Follow Robert Holmes on Twitter and become a fan of TheStreet.com on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV