Shares of D.R. Horton have, in response, jumped in Friday morning by 6.5% to $15.19.
However, new home inventory remains low, interest rates are favorable and housing affordability is near record highs, the company said.
DR Horton reported net income for its second fiscal quarter of $11.4 million, or 4 cents a share, compared with a net loss of $108.6 million, or 34 cents a share, the year before. Analysts on average were expecting a penny loss.Homebuilding revenue increased 16% to $896.8 million as homes closed increased 19%, net sales orders increased 55%, and the company's sales order backlog of homes under contract at March 31 increased 38%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV