NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- On his Thursday Stop Trading! segment on CNBC, Jim Cramer had a message for the masses of union workers and AFL-CIO members who were descending on Wall Street Thursday to protest jobs losses, the bailout of financial institutions with taxpayers' money and dubious lending practices.
His message was: "We're getting financial reform."
"What do they want?" Cramer asked. "Washington's not doing a bad job here." He thinks Geithner, Bernanke and Dodd have all been "doing the right thing."
On Thursday, Cramer rushed in to BP's (BP) defense as the company faced scathing heat over its role in the devastating Gulf of Mexico oil spill. Cramer owns shares of BP for his charitable trust."This is a Transocean (RIG) rig," he said. He explained that BP merely leased the rig, and really, "Transocean is the one responsible here. These rigs are leased and it's a Transocean rig." He thinks that BP is doing everything it can right now, and is further distinguishing itself by not passing the buck and publicly accepting blame for the spill. "I just don't know how they could do more," he said. "BP had an excellent quarter, but no one wants to hear that now," Cramer lamented. Cramer, as he noted, favors off-shore drilling. -- Reported by Andrea Tse in New York
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV