AXA Shareholders Approve AXA's Change In Governance
The first Board of Directors meeting following the Shareholders' Meeting approved the following decisions:
- Appointment of Mr. Henri de Castries as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer,
- Appointment of Mr. Norbert Dentressangle as Vice-Chairman and Lead Independent Director,
- Appointment of Mr. Denis Duverne as Deputy Chief Executive Officer,
- Constitution of four Board committees each chaired by an independent director: Audit (chaired by Mr. Anthony Hamilton), Compensation & Human Resources (chaired by Mr. Norbert Dentressangle), Ethics & Governance (chaired by Mr. Jean-Martin Folz), and Finance (chaired by Mr. Ramon de Oliveira). In addition, the Audit and Remuneration Committees are composed entirely of independent directors.
In accordance with France's AFEP / MEDEF Code of corporate governance, Mr. Henri de Castries and Mr. Denis Duverne renounced their respective employment contracts effective today.
Organization of AXA's management team
Following his appointment as Chairman and CEO, Mr. Henri de Castries has decided to establish a Management Committee to assist him in the operational management of the Group. In addition to Mr. Henri de Castries and Mr. Denis Duverne, Deputy CEO in charge of strategy, finance and operations, this 7-member Committee includes:
- Mr. Christopher Condron, President and CEO of AXA Financial and Global Head of Life & Savings,
- Mr. Peter Kraus, Chairman and CEO of AllianceBernstein,
- Mr. Nicolas Moreau, CEO of AXA UK and Ireland and Chairman of AXA Investment Managers,
- Mr. Francois Pierson, Chairman and CEO of AXA France and Global Head of Property & Casualty,
- Mr. Jacques de Vaucleroy, CEO for the Northern, Central and Eastern Europe business unit.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV