The first Board of Directors meeting following the Shareholders' Meeting approved the following decisions:
- Appointment of Mr. Henri de Castries as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer,
- Appointment of Mr. Norbert Dentressangle as Vice-Chairman and Lead Independent Director,
- Appointment of Mr. Denis Duverne as Deputy Chief Executive Officer,
- Constitution of four Board committees each chaired by an independent director: Audit (chaired by Mr. Anthony Hamilton), Compensation & Human Resources (chaired by Mr. Norbert Dentressangle), Ethics & Governance (chaired by Mr. Jean-Martin Folz), and Finance (chaired by Mr. Ramon de Oliveira). In addition, the Audit and Remuneration Committees are composed entirely of independent directors.
In accordance with France's AFEP / MEDEF Code of corporate governance, Mr. Henri de Castries and Mr. Denis Duverne renounced their respective employment contracts effective today.
Organization of AXA's management team
Following his appointment as Chairman and CEO, Mr. Henri de Castries has decided to establish a Management Committee to assist him in the operational management of the Group. In addition to Mr. Henri de Castries and Mr. Denis Duverne, Deputy CEO in charge of strategy, finance and operations, this 7-member Committee includes:
- Mr. Christopher Condron, President and CEO of AXA Financial and Global Head of Life & Savings,
- Mr. Peter Kraus, Chairman and CEO of AllianceBernstein,
- Mr. Nicolas Moreau, CEO of AXA UK and Ireland and Chairman of AXA Investment Managers,
- Mr. Francois Pierson, Chairman and CEO of AXA France and Global Head of Property & Casualty,
- Mr. Jacques de Vaucleroy, CEO for the Northern, Central and Eastern Europe business unit.